Saturday, July 12, 2014

Little Vacations: Nashville

I know I haven't posted on the blog in a while, so I thought I may share some of the things I've been up to with friends and family that have kept me away from the computer.

Sometimes, even when my family can not take a very long or thoroughly planned vacation, we find ways to have lots of summer fun close to home. Hopefully, the mini vacations I'll share through the next few posts will inspire you, sweet readers, to take your own little breaks from everyday life.

Nashville, TN
   June weekend trip/Winery Visit Round 1

A few weekends ago, my sister, my mom, and I hopped in the car to visit my aunt & cousin in Nashvegas!

We started our very short trip with a visit to History Channel's own Pickers.
antique archaeolgy

Ok, this isn't exactly the gigantic warehouse full of rust I was expecting...
antique archaeology
In fact, it was a bit more of a Nashville flavored tourist-trap.

But there was a lot to look at
antique archaeology

Not even sure what some stuff was...
antique archaeology
While we didn't purchase much
(I got a Picker pick from music city (pretty clever souvenir huh?))
antique archaeology

and we may not have wanted to buy some things at all...eek!
antique archaeology

we did have a very good time!
antique archaeology

After a few country music star encounters (or music star look-alike encounters),
we spent a girls' afternoon at Arrington Vineyards.
nashville winery

Oh my gosh, maybe it's the wine talking, but I can not say enough good things about this place. Y'all, I want to have my birthday here; does that tell you anything?!
nashville winery

You can sample up to four varieties of wine.
Be sure to try the Chardonnay and especially the Raspberry (yum!)
nashville winery
...oh and there are delicious raspberry chocolates...i know they're not really wine but....

Even though there was a wedding, birthday party, live country music, and the rustic front porch was just generally packed while we were there, it was pretty easy to purchase your favorite wine and find a picnic table with a great hillside view.
nashville winery
(wow we love stripes!)
What a beautiful day!
nashville winery

No comments:

Post a Comment