Saturday, July 26, 2014

Tale of the Tiny Trash Table

A few years ago, as a friend was moving, I noticed a small table had not made it into the Uhaul. When I pointed out this oversight, she explained that it wasn't going.  

The little table had almost washed away from a hurricane flooded house twenty years ago, and in her eyes, it was ruined and had reached the end of its lifespan. 
With one glance at its distressed top and still sturdy construction, I could tell it had years of use left in it... I just didn't know in what setting.
  

"I'll take it," I told her. I had watched one too many home makeover shows and explained how I could definitely, positively refinish it, but after the table sat in my room for quite a few months without my ever learning how to refurbish furniture, I finally embraced its current condition...I think designers call it "shabby chic" or "country chic" or something. 

That's when my table seemed to take on a new life.

If a hurricane hadn't destroyed it, I figured this table could handle anything.

Things that would have ruined other tables just couldn't hurt this one...

Dripping candle wax? No problem! 


Over heated containers? Not much to ruin here!

(which is good because I do love candles)

I began to find that my little table could help me fearlessly decorate for any occasion.

I've added (possibly overwatered) flowers for spring themes

...actually, this accent table has even accented outside.

Placed next to an inviting chair, it's the perfect place to perch a cold beverage

Whether...or not...

guests reach for a coaster.

I highly recommend rescuing your own indestructibly useful accent table!
You never know how it will come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment