Wednesday, March 26, 2014

First Things First


Before the real fun can begin, we need to address some house cleaning tips, literally (not figuratively, if you’re hazy on definitions).

Tip 1: Clean before decorating
Tip 2:  ...but don't just clean, cull through your displays!
           My parents have taught me that, if you're having company, yesterday's muddy boots and last year's dusty Christmas wreath don't need to be accenting your back door step. Instead, find storage (even if it's just temporary) for unnecessary or unsightly items. You want your beautiful, cohesive decor to impress on it's own! 

Some Examples...

Messy Spring Welcome:
           I don't even know what's going on here...Is is fall? Are the shoes on display? Did someone plant a dead plant? 



Perfect Spring Welcome:

Easter Doors

By the way, I make wreaths. Email me!
Spring Wreath





No comments:

Post a Comment