Saturday, April 26, 2014

PS USPS

All of the things Olivia & I sent in the mail have arrived at their destinations...and for the most part, their destinations match the addresses we intended.


Things Olivia received in Georgia:


  • Dorito Chip
    • Olivia found the chip in pretty good shape, considering it's even difficult to get these to the lunch table intact!

  • Lip Balm
    • These met my sister exactly the same way as I shipped them. Apparently, mailed items don't go through very big temperature fluctuations. 

Return to Sender
  • Easter Bunny
    • This sweet rabbit had to wait in Olivia's room for her to get back to Memphis.
    • I like to think this little treat couldn't get to her because postal workers didn't want it to get dirty on its trip, but really, it could also be that I didn't actually ask anyone at the post office how to send it. 


Learn Something Every Day
  • In another, less adventurous, encounter with the Postal Service, a friend and I found out that the USPS has a heart.
    • I sent goodie filled Easter eggs to a few friends this year after reading about the idea all over Pintrest.
    • Even though one of the eggs arrived looking like this:

    • A kind postal worker let the recipient know this was truly an accident by bagging the egg in this:

Who knew? 
How sweet of them!



2 comments:

  1. Did you know?!: http://boingboing.net/2011/04/11/mail-a-coconut-from.html

    I also found this: http://visual.ly/can-you-really-mail-coconut-and-6-more-strange-mail-questions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish were on vacation in Hawaii so could test out that idea! The other strange mail ideas are also pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete