Friday, August 15, 2014

Feelin Fall-y

I see you, summer style bloggers and business people. You look great in your tailored clothes and layers of statement necklaces that match your 'waist cinching' belts, but I'm on to you.  You put on those great outfits, dashed outside, did your photo shoots/lunch meetings, and then retreated back into your homes and your Nike shorts. You're not fooling anyone. 
running shorts
A pile of comfort & utility

I mean these shorts of comfort and breeziness are some of the most practical things I own, and you won't hear any complaints out of me for the first month or so that I adopt them as my summer uniform...but Memphis summers last from about April to October, if not longer.  That's a loooong time!

...and y'all, my Nike shorts have started getting me down.
running shorts
Ugh, your cheery colors mock my limited wardrobe.

Of course, I could probably wear something else...like cotton shorts and a grown up/non tee-shirt shirt...but that's it. Done. No more options. Shorts/shirts combos are the sum total of honestly tolerable southern summer-wear. 
lilly pulitzer elephants
Sorry, Lilly just a little tired of your shorts right now

Thank goodness there's fall... fahhhhhll!

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against summer except the boring outfit options, but I'm also not going to lie...I've been stoked every (very) early morning this week to feel that a new season of cooler weather and layered clothing are inching closer.

To celebrate getting excited about all the new outfit possibilities along with the pumpkin spice flavors and temporary mosquito extinction and other great things that come with fall, my sister and I have been working on fall wreaths!

Here's an end of summer one:
fall wreath

With a functioning chalkboard!
fall wreath
My grandmother loved seeing her initial, 
but she can't wait to write notes for all of us!

Here's a rustic one!
pumpkin wreath

We're even getting ready for Halloween 
with witch hats & jack-o-lanterns!!
halloween wreath

Boo!
halloween wreath

To make this celebration even more exciting, we are selling our wreaths HERE!
...check out the link to see these wreaths & many more!

Kitty cats not included!

Hope you are as excited about fall as I am!!!
And be sure to find ways to celebrate, even if chilly days are still weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment